Sunday, January 6, 2008

How I got my blog title...

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now...my stumbling block has always been what to call it.

Yesterday afternoon I went with my parents out shopping. My dad needed to pick up a computer microphone for one of my uncles, so I decided to pick one up too. You just never know when you are going to need to talk on the computer.

I got home and started plugging it in. When I did, I called my dad on Yahoo Messenger to test it out...my family has tried calling me many times on Yahoo, but I never had a microphone so couldn't answer. That was that and I went in to watch a movie.

My brother tried calling me, but I couldn't get to the computer in time and I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to setup voicemail. I clicked Yes, and was taken into the voicemail setup. It said I'd receive an email to my Yahoo account when I had a voicemail. GREAT!

Well, after I completed the setup I got 3 voice mails that my uncle had left me back in October. The weird thing is my uncle died in November. So, I had a minor cry fest before I listened to them. One was empty, but the other two had my uncle's voice. In both he said "Love you" and in one he sang me "Oh What a Beautiful Morning". That was it...the flood gates opened. You lucky people.

No comments: